Wednesday, January 2, 2019

New Year, New Beginnings! The Twisted Challenge #7

Aloha! Hello and a very very Happy New 2019 to all of you! The last of the 'teen' years is here .. and we begin that with a Challenge celebrating something new!

We love the verse that goes with the Christian weddings..something old, something new...it is something that stays true for the new year too... We bring something old with us..our memories, something new..the 365 days ahead of us, something borrowed..lessons we learn from the previous years...and something blue...a bit of color in your life! So this month, that is our Theme


 Do go to our Challenge post to read how you have to use them! Lets see my inspiration on this theme!



So my inspiration is this card for a friend who just bought a new house! Before I jump into how I  made this card, let me share how it fits into the challenge!

Something old - The swirl background and the cloud dies are my very first purchases when it comes to dies and background stamps. They are almost 10 years old!

Something new - This card is for Celebrating a new house as well, I have used a new house stamp from Jane's doodles!

Something Borrowed/Gifted - I borrowed the idea of this card from another card that Ujjwal had sent me last Christmas!
See the 2nd card from the left! That's the card I borrowed the idea from! (p.s. that's my card display in my craft room)

Something Blue - the sky, the house!

About the card...
  • The background was embossed directly on the card base, while masking the edges! Sponged Tumbled glass Distress oxide and broken china over the white heat embossed background.
  • The house stamps were stamped with Memento black on neenah white 80lbs paper, colored with copics and fussy cut. 
  • Cut a few slopes from white cardstock for the snowy hills...edged them with tumbled glass oxide. Stamped congratulations on it, propped it up on foam tape.
  • Glued the house images, popped up just one on foam tape. 
  • Die cut a few clouds from Papertrey ink's cloud dies, stamped the sentiment on big cloud. Glued them down 
  • Stamped, colored and fussy cut a few heart image, glued them down. added some sparkle with spectrum noir pens.. 
  • and we are done! 
Hope to see you joining us in this new Challenge! Have a fantastic Year ahead everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...