Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Exploding Card | Origami card

Sorry about the abrupt halt to the Pattern play class posts....day 4 arrived and hubby fell sick. And I never got around to even finishing watching the class 4 and 5 till later in the weeks. I still have to get a hang of those two last days that I missed...

Today I share a card I made for friend..this year I have decided to send as many cards as I can. Even if they reach late, but they will reach. :)

I chose to defy convention and not call this card by its given name....The napkin fold card..Simply because I've never ever come across a napkin that's folded like this...and I chose to make a variation because I didn't like the band  across it.
Somehow the band made the card feel open and incomplete (???) perhaps...I'm a bit weird that way!!

So here goes my Exploding card/Origami Card
 
 

I think I'm fixated on the color red...this is the 3rd red card I've done in 2 weeks!! :) This uses my new Embossing folder from Couture Creations, that I picked up in my local craft store. YES! my local craft store!! Distressed the embossed areas with barn door ink and then direct to paper over the embossed areas for more contrast. 

The sentiment is my new hero arts stamp.. and the little butterfly is a Cheery lynn die. Some really small bling stones are on the embossed flourishes.
( So where's the actual card? ) hold ya horses

 This is how it opens. Like a Trifold with an exploding card in the centre. Its fun to change things now and then. All panels have the same embossing, distressing and inking. With an edge of deco shells border punch.


I kept the card relatively simple. Simply because in this fold I had met my nemesis. It took me 4 cardstocks to get one fold right. I made and gave it up so many times....1mm off and it would not fold!! Am not touching it for another 3 weeks now!!  Though I now know what all mistakes I did, so might not be so hard the next time around!
The PP is pebbles inc from Itsy bitsy.

 And this is the inside. Love love the birthday sentiment. I wish I had time to do more. But did not want to add flowers or flourishes. They're soo passe now. Every card has flower and flourish...and I'm challenging myself not to use them .

And I'm glad my friend loved it....I did make some bookmarks for her too...will share in the next post..

Sending to Crafter Corner's Bingo challenge- Top horizontal row..distressing, rhinestone and ribbon.

13 comments:

  1. This is such a super amazing card Tee.. love how you incorporated the napkin fold kinds with another fold and came up with a complete new fold of yours..

    You never fail to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh-mazing fold, T! I've been wanting to try the napkin fold for a while now.. But you just took it to another level.. SUPPAK!!

    Love,
    Shruti

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME folds Tejal! Love the colours used... You never disappoint. The neatness with which you execute your ideas is mind blowing!! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at crafters corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is more like a magic box

    when you see the fist picture you just cant imagine whats gonna be there inside... so much fun when the whole thing pops up... I am sure sure Prerana loved it

    ReplyDelete
  5. splendid and oh so elegant!!!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very crisp and neat folds Tejal.Loved the way it unfolded unexpectedly.beautiful work as usual

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing fold Tejal!! Just love this card!! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! fabulous innovation to the napkin fold card !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Tejal and that red looks so striking. It is much more than a napkin fold card and so the name you gave it is so apt
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Fabulous card Tejal ..I so love the fold and your super neat execution of it ...each and every detail of your work is always so meticulously done that its such a treat to watch ...the vibrant red you have used here is so you :) ...Loved it to bits :)

    Thank you so much for playing along 'Crafter's Corner' # 7 and Best of luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeh jo fold hai na babua... ekdam century wala card banaye ho.. Gosh this is amazing.. I love the color combo but please... something other than red... :-/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesomeness.I love your idea of combining the napkin fold with the gatefold type fold.Don't know what it's called.:-).I am not a fan of red as far as crafting is concerned generally but I might start using it now.The red and the pattern paper look great together.Thanks for participating in Crafter's corner Challenge #7.Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The card is lovely! And i love love love the color red! Always bright and a happy feel color ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...