Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My first TK card!

This was tough, but as I said earlier, I am happy with how it turned out. Making a card was not easy as I had to let go of all embellishments, all ribbons, no bling (eek) and just stick to plain and simple. Since the image is so rich, it had to be simple.

I worked with Faber-Castell watercolor pencils. And my trusted (and so much loving it,) Niji waterbrush. Its a wonderful invention.

Here's the card!

And just a close up of the coloring...I picked up colors straight from the pencil and went over the image with a stippling movement. It worked better than using the pencil over the image.

A big thank you to Monika for sending me these images to play with..Thanks a bunch girl...

now all I am looking for a images of Magnolia stamps...they are such fun to color in..

9 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful! I couldn't pull that off as great! This is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..its awsum...I love this image..iam sure it must have taken ample time..!!And when are u sending my waterbrush..??
    iam jealous..what a lovely creation..!!how u made it..I want a complete detail..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I am so intimidated by these stamps, and your results are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look beautiful!!! I can image that taking you a long time...turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful, that seems a lot of work to color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the colors Tejal! Fantastic job on the coloring! TFS!
    BTW! I received your 'cherish' card! Thank you so much! Love that shimmery ink you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thomas Kinkade's are not easy to color and you did a BEAUTIFUL job! Truly one of the best I've seen. Great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing job with the coloring. You've created a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...