Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hey Chickee

Long time no post..sorry! Wasn't keeping well..I was down with severe back spasms, couldn't cook, couldn't sit, couldn't sleep properly. Still on meds, but feeling a bit better...back to exercises when the pain is gone..
Since I was feeling better, decided what better way to cheer myself than make a card!

So here it is, its with the sketch for the  FTL-98 and CAS-75 (use dry embossing) and CAS-tastic Challenge (its SIMPLE). My card uses, Stamped Images, Inked edges and Embossing.

I've had the Fiskar's texture plates since 2 yrs, but really don't like the results. But still decided to break it out once again and enjoy a bit of embossing!
I've also had this beautiful Tiffany blue color paper, so decided to use it. And this cute stamp? Its being used for the first time on a card in 2 yrs! I've inked it up and sent images to many friends..but never used it myself...I think they're finally happy now..


 This is the sketch  on which I based my card, I was supposed to keep the black panel a single piece, but while watching CSI I ended up trimming them into 3! Kinda forgot the track of the sketch!


Colored using water-color pencils, my usual signo white gel pen and sharipe ultra fine black marker for the faux stitching.

Should be back again soon with a card for Simplicity challenge! Working on that soon.
On a gleeful note, I just won two stamp sets! One from Lizzie Ann Designs and one from Annabelle Stamps (Australia)


 Just a closeup of the naughty chicks!

12 comments:

  1. Hey Chickee....Really cute :) Loved the vivid colours and neat !...
    I say neat to all of your cards... :P But they really really are ..!!!

    Get welll soon..please see a doc... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, hope u r feeling better!!! do take gud rest...

    such a cute image and a super cute card!!!

    P.S. : congrats on yr stamp sets:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey take good rest.. get well soon!! & congos for your win!

    The card is super cute.. And btw do you own a cuttlebug too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.. get well and crafty very soon!.. and take loads of rest! :)
    aww.. those cute chickies!!.. i love the embossing too!.. and of course, the faix stitching! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW, this is fabulous!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday Clean and Simple "S.I.M.P.L.E." challenge!

    Hope you're feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun and cute! - Thanks for stopping by my blog for the latest Annabelle release (good luck)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! Loving the new header. Here's wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tejal, I have chronic back pain, too, so I definitely know how you're feeling. Hope your back's better soon! Your card is fabulous and I love your watercolouring. Those little ducks are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. The embossing looks fine to me... why don't you like it?
    I hope you are feeling better now.

    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superrrr cuteeee card!
    I really love how you used various colors.
    It looks adorable.
    Tejal, i'm so sorry to hear about your back spasms. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that must be for you. I'm glad you were able to make a card. Hopefully you will get to rest this weekend and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute image,fabulous card again.Get well soon!:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. These little guys sure are cheery, I hope they cheered you up some. I really like that look too of the white dots on the black mats, simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...