Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Monochromatic Card

I absolutely love how this card came together. Just amazing and I've got two/three peeps to thank for it. First is Priya, she is one generous person. She sent me so many gorgeous and awesome papers, just one look at those papers and the whole scheme of the card fell into place. Thanks Priya..Waiting to see your blog soon!!!

Second would be the Annabelle Stamps blog, where I found the perfect sketch and awesome inspiration. This card by Kylie knocked my socks off, and so I had to CASE her card.
And also the Cards Blog challenge was to make monochromatic card, so everything just came together. I just had to make it.

Here's the sketch,

And here is my card based on it,


It was hard to photograph this in natural light, with the days being so cloudy..yes the rains are finally here!!

Its an absolute brown scheme with white as my neutral base. One of the challenges on the ABSCO25 was to use bling, but I did not have brown dew drops so used my sharpies to color the white ones brown. Sadly they look black in the pictures. I had some brown ink, which was a tiny minuscule sponge, almost the size of an eraser on your pencil. And I ran out of the brown ink!!   The top most image was the last to be stamped, and the ink was over by then. You can see the difference in shades. Need another brown inkpad, ASAP!!

This gorgeous ribbon was a RAK from Heather. I couldn't use it till now, and now that I've used it up, I don't know where to find some more! Sheer satiny lusciousness.

Stamps are hobby ideas and the sentiment from Stampin Up!. 

Just another shot to show the brown scheme


Till the next card!

15 comments:

  1. this is an absolute beauty!!! love everything abt it... those stones luk gorgeous too... very very elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!!.. beautiful!!!.. my personal fave frm u till date!.. love it!.. and the dew drops look very nyc chocolaty brown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous Tejal, love the colours, the sketch is good I can see why you liked it. Kylie's card is fabulous as well, :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Tejal! A beautiful case and take on the sketch!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week :)
    Andrea
    (Your stamp set is in the mail!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely luscious card Tejal. It looks very, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...wow...wow....this is soooooo beautiful...u know what i love about your creations...they are simply neat and simple...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW Tejal,
    I'm so glad you found inspiration from my card and isn't it wonderful when things fall in to place lol!
    Your card is simply STUNNING!
    LOVE your colour scheme, the way you coloured your dew drops, your ribbon is so yummy, LOVE everything about your card! Wonderful take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take Care, Hugs,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely!never thought brown n white can look so good together......

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely gorgeous,love every thng abt it:))
    The paper is stunning,where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! thanks for playing along on annabelle stamps blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow completely blown away by this card, so pretty:-) need to add your blog to my reading list!

    I stopped by to tell you about my pin stamp that I added on the collage card, its from a stamp set I bought from Singapore.. if you check www.etsy.com you might be able find something similar, they have some sellers who sell Japanese stamps.. Thats where I buy my masking tape and stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this elegant card! The layout works so beautiful with those images and the dark browns make the card look rich!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful monochromatic card very elegant! I think your photo came out very well and I know your frustrations I have the same trouble!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Annabelle Stamps we look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your monochromatic card!
    So very classy and elegant! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...