Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ATC overload

What can I say...I just finally (thank the Lord for that) got my Hero arts stamps. Apparently international shipping is taking around 20-25 days now!! I finally (yes, finally) own a butterfly stamp. For all the butterfly craziness that goes around in my craft room, I don't own a single decent butterfly stamp..that is until now..Say hello to Antique engravings and Kiss for the sun!! What yummy sets!!

I've been wanting to enter HA challenges for a very long time....Having one sentiment set never really quite cut it, so here are my first entries for the HA challenge, to create ATCs.


This uses the Kiss from the Sun set..Colored with my Sharpies, glue and gloss and background done with distress inks- Broken china and shabby shutters.

This ATC uses my most wanted set...I've been wishing for this set for over 6 months..finally its mine.The Antique engravings set.  This ATC took the longest to make.
-Started out as white Fabriano CS base, covered it with Worn lipstick distress ink.
-Clear embossed with magical background and covered the whole ATC with broken china. The embossing shows the color underneath..
-Stamped the sentiment in Broken china, clear embossed it and covered it with worn lipstick. (reverse of the ATC base)

I learnt this from Britta and Heather Maria

And my most favorite of all 3. I love this butterfly....
-I stamped the butterfly with black on vellum, clear embossed it and colored with sharpies on reverse of the vellum. It looks like glass..simply awesome!
-The base of the ATC is covered in shabby shutters and stamped with magical background using the same ink.
-Distressed with vintage photo on the edges.
-Stamped the moth on the ATC base, then attached the vellum butterflies with glue dots.


Just showing the dimension on the butterflies, and little bit of glitter.
Hope you enjoyed my newest craze. I'm addicted to distress inks.  (You think?)

22 comments:

  1. each and every creation is beautiful...I loved the 3rd card...its pure gorgeousness :) Absolutely fab....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! No words. And glad that your order made it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally{insert a sigh of relief}, you got your stamps!! The ATCs are all purely gorgeous! love the butterflies and all the distressed goodness :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tejal, More butterflies? Just kidding, love your creations and my favourite has to be the last. Those fabulous butterflies , well simply stunning:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!You must be one happy girl!!The ATCs are beautiful!!The butterflies look awesome!!!I regret not ordering the butterfly set when I had the chance :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely...but i dont know about most of the things used in making these hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. Awesome ones tejal.. The butterflies are to die for...

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!!! just plain beautiful! I am so glad you got your stamps and now you own butterfly stamps!!! so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG,all r beautiful,3rd is stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your atc are simply gorgeous... and although i admit i don't understand half the techniques u have mentioned here for making these. they are just beautiful to me, the vellum butterfly is simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow.. its absolutely stunning... love it dear..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Your distressing is so smooth. Mine is very patchy. Can you give me tips on how to distress well. The butterfly stamps are really nice. What are sharpies? And does heat embossing not curl the vellum. Too many Qs? What to do! You inspire me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome stuff! :) Great going on the new techniques and the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray for having Hero Arts stamps in the house!! I love what you've done with them. Those birdies are so sweet in bright, happy colours and I love the embossed and sparkly butterflies. I can't wait to see what you do with those stamps next!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. finally finally finally... the butterflies and the stamps find their way to you!!! 3 cheers!!!

    gorgeous all 3 of them but my fave is the 3rd one + the white butterfly on the 2nd one... beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice cards! I love your work. Really nice coloring

    Would you be interested on a DT spot for my blog? I am just starting a challenge blog for my digi stamps. If yes, see the rules Lia Stampz

    Cheers,
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such sweet cards! Those butterflies look beautiful and so does the distress-inked background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ur right the butterfly atc is my fav too but i love them all!!!!
    hugs ash

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't this the most charming card ever. I am butterfly crazy too .

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow... the butterflies look so cute...

    i have a started a blog
    http://vcraft.blogspot.com/
    included ur blog link in my sidebar
    pls do have a look at my blog..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...