Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A little bit of watercoloring fun

Its a new fixation for me right now... I have this short attention span that is akin like a butterfly hopping from flower to flower....I didn't know how long my stamping phase would survive, but it did for 6 long years...its no where close to fading, but the itch has begun...to do something new..to try something different, to explore, to learn a new form of craft.....it began with parchment..the only thing that I actually took classes in...rest all are self taught...then came the phase with rubber stamping, then CAS cards, then Scrapbooks, then watercolors....and am totally loving the exploring I'm doing...

I did read about someone saying that you can't learn everything from searching on Google or YouTube...I beg to differ...if you are persistent, if you really want to learn, you will find it....and what I'm sharing today...is something I found on Pinterest...then the tutorial...then some failed experiments and then the final one!!

So this is my failed experiment....i call it failed...simply coz it was an experiment...There are at least 10 layers of paints on this...watercolor crayons, then watercolor paints, then pearl paints, again some poster colors and what not....I was working for the feel of paper, the paint..how it flows and works on layers...and got some pretty good conclusions!! If you are interested, will share in the next post.....

 This is my success....still got a few steps to go....but that is a secret!!! I did it with Elise's tutorial
and its super easy to follow......I can't draw a straight line...so used a butterfly die cut as a template and kept adding layers...this painting has about 1o layers of pink wash on it.....and its soo pretty!!! What do you think?

I will be doing on tutorial on my own too....a very very simple one...its still in my head....
So what have you tried today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...