Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Stamping crazy!!

I wanted to stamp...Stamping is my first love and I wanted to do a one layer card with some crazy stamping...where to begin is the million dollar question...so I went to my favorite CAS sketch card site...Clean and Simple Stamping and picked out one sketch randomly...The FTL 208 and went to town with it..out came my stamps, my inks and one sheet of paper...no layering..nothing!! And Woah!! 35 mins of stamping later....this is what I had!! 


 That riot of colors just had my heart...and I used just one set of stamps to do the whole background...sentiment was another stamp....

 These stamps were my first ever international purchase after the hobby ideas stamps...never really got around to using them....but they were so perfect for this sketch...These are what were called flip-a-roos...you could flip the stamp over and use them too...so that's what I did!

Used the solid side of the stamp to first stamp the color...and then used the design side to ink it up with black and stamp it over the color blocks....I hope that makes sense...

Here's how the stamp is...you can essentially do this with any stamp that is trimmed around the design..(I love how the light falls through the stamp and on the paper!)


This is my final essentially one layer card...I've faked all the layers...the black lines are drawn with sharpie to mimic a mat..but all is essentially one layer, matted on a red card stock base. This is an A5 card..
I could jazzy it up later on..with some bling..but will depend whom it will go to! See ya soon with some inky posts (wink wink)

Sending this card to the Simon Says StampTember challenge.

All inks are mementos...sentiment -Papertrey ink..

1 comment:

  1. I love how the burst of colours come together at the end to give a vibrant touch to the card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...