Monday, July 4, 2011

Pink on Pink Monchrome


I had been rather busy with my mum-in-law coming back from the states after 3 months...but you know what that means...I got tons of stuff...she was so sweet in running around and getting things for me..thanks mum!
I got my Cuttlebug (YESSS!!!) some PTI dies, some Spellbinder dies.So I had to utilize all of my new supplies in making my card...
Here's my card...

          Card base- Rose Fabriano 220gsm CS, Spellbinder's dies- Label 8, PTI butterfly die,
Stamp-Butterfly dreams, and Signature Greetings
Distress inks-worn lipstick, and Memento-Rose Bud,  
Button from Pie lane, ribbon and rhinestone from stash

I used a technique used by most copic users to give a border to my die-cut. After cutting out my die-cut label, I kept the die in place and sponged distress ink. It gave a nice border to the die-cut.Stamped the sentiment using same distress ink, its from PTI Signature greetings.

For the diagonal strip, I ran a dark pink paper through the embossing folder, and cut 1/2 inch strips. Adhered them at 1/2 inch intervals. 

The butterfly was die cut, stamped with rose bud ink using PTI Butterfly Dreams set. Bling from my stash. 
Ribbon is from my stash and button from Pie-lane. 
Shockingly this card does not have any glitter!! I should have used some!! 

The reason I'm busy so much is that I'm working on a Vintagey mini album for a friend who got married yesterday..here's just a pic of the last page...I loved the glitter papers from Itsy bitsy and not being able to punch them out was a bummer, but they cut beautifully with a cuttlebug...horray for that..now to find a good alpha die-cut set. Someone please keep an eye out for me...for the Olivia alphabets from Cuttlebug. 

This is a 6x6 page. The dies are on loan from Vaishali, whom I met up with...after 3 weeks of planning!! Something or the other always came up..but this week, I had to go meet her...I was so happy to have finally found some real friends in this city...3 years in this city and I have only 6-8 friends that I know...Thanks for a wonderful day Vaishali...

12 comments:

  1. SOOO glad to hear that you got your shtufff! Create your heart out! It seems I wont be getting my things anytime sooner :/ tough luck! Nonetheless, I will enjoy in your enjoyment. Now please dont go MIA and do create apart from ICR posts.
    On to the card now... LOVE the pinks you have used, love the dies,the inks and the beautiful strips thingy you did. I have been meaning to do this but I know I wont be able to cut them this straight and same size. Need to get a trimmer! or i can make this with ribbons! ooh light bulb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!Lucky you.The card looks FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation Tejal..!

    Cuttlebug is indeed a dream machine for all the paper crafters.. Enjoy crafting and show us what all you create with it.. I love all your creations and as E.T. said keep coming with more creations apart from ICRs ones... You are our butterfly queen here... and I do want some stamps... please keep us posted on that...

    This all pinky card is too too cute.. and excellent idea of using a stripped background.. love it..

    Priya...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Tejal already saw this beautiful card at ICr. thrilled to hear about your goodies. You explain technicalities so well so now waiting to see your projects using cuttlebug. It will be so useful to other crafters like me who have only heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely card!!! I loved all the pink.... great dies too :)

    PS: I love the font you used in the album - very nice!
    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo....they arrived! Glad to know that your stash arrived safe to you! :) And can see you having fun already!
    Great card and the pink on pink is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your new cuttlebug and other lovely goodies,i love ur ICR card its so pretty could never have thought to use pink ink to stamp a sentiment ,thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tejal, congrats on ur new goodies! have fun! The card is super pretty, I also want to give ICR5 a shot, just hope I have the energy :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....cuttlebug is evident in ur creation ! Pretty card...I loved the sentiment !! Will be watching out for the auction...and once again..thats a great job you are doing at ICR..thnx !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look out, paper crafters, Tejal is now armed with a Cuttlebug! LOVE these creations, Tejal! I bet you're wondering how on earth you lived without a die cutter? I can't wait to see what else you make now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!!.. CONGRATULATIONS on all the stuff! :D
    The card is soo beautiful!.. love all the pink pink and the embossed strips are wow!
    The album must have been really WOW.. love the page! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...